Caseworker Job Advertisement
Would you like to work with a Parliamentary team and help people in Northampton South with their concerns and issues? Andrew Lewer MBE MP is looking to hire a Caseworker to be part of his team for Northampton South. The role will be based in Northampton.
Caseworkers have an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned.
The successful candidate will be well-organised and pro-active with strong communication skills. This role also requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Ideally experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the general public
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Strong IT skills and the ability to use casework management software (training will be provided)
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or – in due course - face to face
• Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
• Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, housing associations and others to resolve constituency matters
• Drafting responses to a wide range of policy correspondence from constituents
• Arranging and accompanying MP to surgeries and local meetings as required
32 hours preferred; part-time/ family friendly / flexible hours requests also considered sympathetically. Please state your preference as part of your application.
Although not a political appointment, candidates should have an overall sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party. Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines. Circa £21,500
Closing Date: Friday 16th October 5pm
Interview dates: Thursday and Friday 22nd 23rd October via Zoom
Please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions please call 07776480469