The Labour Party Conference has voted to smash all immigration controls.
The motion passed by delegates pledges to:
- Oppose the current immigration legislation and any curbing of rights
- Campaign for free movement, equality and rights for migrants
- Reject any immigration system based on incomes, migrants’ utility to business, and number caps/targets
- Close all detention centres
- Ensure unconditional right to family reunion
- Maintain and extend free movement rights
- End “no recourse to public funds” policies
- Scrap all Hostile Environment measures… and restrictions on migrants’ NHS access
- Extend equal rights to vote to all UK residents regardless of nationality
I don't know about you, but I suspect voters in Northampton will not be very happy with the idea of uncontrolled migration, free access to the NHS for the entire planet, releasing all detainees, votes for anyone from anywhere and welfare benefits for everyone who makes it across the channel.